Last updated: 05/12/2023
We value and respect the privacy of the people we deal with. NSW Decarbonisation Innovation Hub (“the Hub”) is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
1. Information We Collect
- Personal Information: “Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
- We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, postal address, organisation, and any other information you choose to provide when you interact with our Website, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact us for any reason.
- Usage Information: We may automatically collect certain information about your interaction with our Website, including your IP address, browser type, device information, operating system, and the pages you visit on our Website. This information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. You can manage your cookie preferences through your browser settings.
2. How Information is Collected
2.1 We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- Interact with us over the phone;
- Interact with us in person;
- Interact with us online;
- Participate in surveys or questionnaires;
- Attend a [Organisation] event;
- Subscribe to our mailing list;
- Apply for a position with us as an employee, contractor or volunteer;
3. Use of Information
3.1 We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services, products, and content on the Website.
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, or requests.
- To send you information about updates, promotions, or events, with your consent.
- To analyse and monitor the usage of the Website, and to enhance its functionality and user experience.
- To prevent fraud and maintain the security of our Website.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
3.2 We may use aggregated and anonymized information for statistical purposes and to improve our services.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
4.2 We may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
4.3 We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal obligations, protect our rights or property, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding any illegal activities, fraud, or security issues.
4.4 Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
- You have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party; or
- We reasonably believe that the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the APPs; and
- The law or binding scheme can be enforced; or
- The disclosure is required or authorised by an Australian law or court/ tribunal order.
5. Direct Marketing
5.1 We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
5.2 You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ in the footer of our emails, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.3 In addition, we may also use your personal information or disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of advertising, including online behavioural advertising, website personalisation, and to provide targeted or retargeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
6.1 We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
6.2 We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example record-keeping obligations.
7. Third-Party Links
7.1 Our Website may contain links to third-party websites or services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those websites before providing any personal information.
8. Children’s Privacy
8.1 Our Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will take steps to delete such information from our records.
9. Your Choices and Rights
11. Contact Us
11.1 For complaints about how the Hub handles, processes or manages your personal information, please contact email@example.com. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
11.2 Please allow up to 5 days for the Hub to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with the Hub’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.
NSW Decarbonisation Innovation Hub
Level 2, TETB (H6), Room 206, UNSW
SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA