23 August 2023
The Land and Primary Industries Network held co-design workshops across 2 days in August on campus at UTS. The workshops aimed to develop and iterate project ideas, explore new industry-proposed project ideas, and create an opportunity to network with potential project partners to build teams to develop proposals for the upcoming call for proposals within LPI.
The workshops were organised by Network Lead Ben Smith (WSU), and facilitated by Meredith England and Nodoka Nakamichi from Climate-KIC.
The workshops were a great opportunity to have industry, government and research representatives in the same room to talk about projects and possibilities.
The LPIN is divided into Streams:
- Sustainable Agriculture & Land Use (led by Warwick Badgery, NSW DPI)
- Sustainable Native Landscapes (led by Brian Wilson, UNE)
- Digital & Precision Agriculture (led by John Medway, CSU)
- Sustainable Urban Transformation (led by Mark Tjoelker, WSU)
- Carbon Abatement Horizons (led by Bryce Kelly, UNSW)
- Monitoring, Modelling & Assessment (led by Belinda Medlyn, WSU)
- Land-based Circular Economy (led by Zhenjun Ma, UoW)
- Sustainable Bio-products (led by Fabiano Ximenes, NSW DPI)
- Capacity Building & Outreach (led by Lorraine Gordon, SCU)
Project ideas across the LPI Streams were put forward on both days, to be worked on collaboratively. There were a lot of positive conversations had and connections made throughout the workshops, which we look forward to seeing the fruits of in future.
Thank you to the Stream Leads who attended and helped make the workshops such a success, as well as the industry representatives who came along from a wide range of organisations.Find out more about LPIN